Jean-Francois Antony (France)
Continuing the passion of his parents, Bernard and Jeanine Antony, Alsace-based Maître affineur, Jean-Francois Antony has his mission to spread the word about the quality of French cheeses. The first Antony cheese cellar was established in 1983 and the cellar reserved for tasting in 1986. Today, Maison Antony houses a total of seven maturing and refinement cellars for its cheeses with around 19 Michelin three star restaurants place their trust in Maison Antony for their cheese platter selection.
(Images are for illustrative purpose only.)
The history of Chateau Palmer started when Charles Palmer, a Major General in British Army, acquired an estate in Bordeaux which then belonged to Marie de Gascq in 1814. Charles Palmer devoted a great deal of time, energy, and money to developing his property. In June 1853, the brothers Isaac and Emile Péreire, famous bankers and rivals of the Rothschilds, bought Palmer and began investing in the estate immediately. Several families of Bordeaux, English, and Dutch extraction all involved in the wine trade, united to buy Palmer in 1938 and have worked hard to give the estate its present reputation. These families have always given priority to quality, despite the financial risk this entailed. They have unfailingly applied the principles that have made the great wines of Bordeaux so successful: authenticity, quality, and permanence.